Monday 9 June 2008

Over-Exposed




Originally it was my pick of the season but now, after the Pixie Gelfof Tatler cover, I'm sad to say that this Miu Miu outfit is now totally overexposed and overrated.

A few issues ago Vogue showed their looks of the season, including what appeared to be a lovely red mini-dress by Miu Miu. Upon closer inspection and a visit to net-a-porter I discovered this was actually an ensemble outfit. How novel, I thought. How expensive, I now think.

Recently I've seen Kelly Osbourne photographed in one piece of the ensemble - a red skit - as well as Daisy Lowe and Pixie Geldof in the full monty version in white. Sure, it's a beautiful and flattering outfit, but it's lacking the originality and therefore pizazz that it had way back when it was first unveiled on Kirsten Dunst in Miu Miu's own advertisements.

Don't get me wrong, I do love the dress. It's peppy and stylish with hints of prom all wrapped up in a daringly short outfit. Plus it's Miu Miu and that fact in itself is a total dealmaker.

These girls have access to ridiculous amounts of money and stylists, I think they should at least consult each other on what to wear so we, the common folk, can oooh and aaah and feel immensely jealous of more than just one outfit!

No comments: