Sunday 9 November 2008

Tsumori Chisato


I finally managed to get my hands on the latest issue of Indie Magazine last weekend while I was back home in sunny yorkshire. The feature at the back about breakups and heartbreak made me cry on the train back to Edinburgh, however there was something else in the issue that caused me to smile and smile - Tsumori Chisato.

The clothes are so cute! According to Indie, her inspiration is childrens' drawings which is what makes the prints so adorable. Looking through images of her Fall 2008 collection makes me want to be a fashion-dahling-astronaut, or at least buy myself a supercool-superhero cape and run around the cobbled streets of Edinburgh saving lives.

The aesthetics are simple but they are used to perfection. You can see in the shapes of the pieces how the children's drawing aspect has been encorporated, as the shapes do not accentuate the feminine figure but rather are big and flowing like children's clothing.


I can't imagine being able to wear these clothes without smiling, so it seems to me like this collection could be the perfect answer to the current recession - not to mention the deathly cold!




No comments: