Saturday 27 September 2008

My New Obsession


It took me a few days to get around to buying Vogue this month but as soon as I did one little picture spiralled into a new obsession : Roksanda Ilincic. According to Vogue, the new collection was inspired by a trip to Brazil, and if that really is the case then I want to be on the next plane out there!

The shapes are amazing, it's all about big and bold and corners and colours and wow! I don't think it's very wearable in day-to-day living but I'd be happy to just sit and stare at the photos of the fall collection for hours on end. Collections like this one really prove that fashion is an art form, I've got the urge to print off the photos from the internet and stick them all over my house so I can let the wonderment seep into my subconscious.

Alright, alright, so I might be going a little bit over the top, but I honestly am in love with these clothes. The photos shown with this blog are of my personal favourite pieces, and yes I do realise one of them is fur. I am totally anti-fur but I'm going to pretend that this is fake fur (I could do some research and find out what fur it is really, but as we have already established I am a very lazy blogger) as it is such a

stunning outfit. In my opinion, the pink and black dress could be worn in everyday life (if I was one of those uber cool people that goes to uber cool parties in London/Paris/Milan/somewhere else hip'n'happening then I would happily wear the whole collection day in day out...sadly I live in Wakefield and probably couldn't even afford

one sleeve of one dress) and the one with the gold shoes feels very 80s to me. The good 80s fashion, not the lycra. And, while I'm mentioning the shoes may I just say - aren't they all fabulous?!

Ok, gushing over. Must breathe now...


No comments: